DuPont™ Zodiaq®, the perfect marriage of science and style.
The perfect marriage of science and style, DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces, is an ideal surface for both residential and commercial applications. Comprised of 93% pure quartz crystals, these surfaces combine the very best of nature with advanced DuPont polymer technology to create a sophisticated surface that's as beautiful as it is durable, with brilliant colors, a unique depth of color, as well as a subtle sparkle. There is no need to search miles and miles of granite yards for just the right slab, since Zodiaq® quartz surfaces offer incredible consistency in both color and pattern.
Inspired by the latest design and cultural trends.
Taking their inspiration from the latest design and cultural trends, Zodiaq® offers an extensive palette of over 45 colors that range from soft neutral tones to intense reds, blues and whites: colors that are seldom found in natural stone. And, DuPont™ continues to add new colors to their offering, including colors with dramatic movement and random veining, letting you step out of the mainstream and into the unconventionally natural.
To view the complete Zodiaq® color palette, click here.
The DuPont TERRA Collection!
The natural beauty and durability of DuPont™ Zodiaq® is available in eight shades of "green". The Zodiaq® TERRA Collection color palette includes:
- Calm Springs, a medium gray color with a hint of blue and a deeply layered effect created by clear recycled glass particles.
- Flax, a light, almost white background with brown, clear and a scattering of green recycled glass.
- Licorice, a dark, almost black quartz base with a subtle texture created by a mixed selection of recycled glass.
- Moroccan Morning, a warm golden sandstone color with a subtle texture created by clear recycled glass particles, and
- Wintergreen, a light green quartz foundation with mixed recycled glass suspended three-dimensionally.
These five colors contain a minimum of 25% post-consumer recycled glass certified by Scientific Certification Systems.
- Coriander, a light tan base with a hint of green, combined with brown and clear recycled glass.
- Warm Taupe, a deep warm mocha brown color with a subtle texture created by brown recycled glass particles, and
- Mossy Green, a light sage color warmed by brown recycled glass particles in a subtle texture.
These three colors contain an average of 28% pre and post consumer recycled glass.
These eight colors join together with twenty-nine shades of Corian® to continue expanding the DuPont Terra Collection. Surfaces you know, with the sustainability practices you want.
- Zodiaq® and Corian® contribute to Sustainable Design.
- Zodiaq® and Corian® and their adhesives and sealants are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® as low-VOC emitting materials.
- Zodiaq® and Corian® are third-party certified to be free of heavy metals and comply with the EU Directive 2002/95EC on the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), ensuring that they are nontoxic and non-allergenic to humans,
- Zodiaq® and Corian® are certified by the National Sanitation Foundation under NSF/ANSI Standard 51-Food Equipment Material for the highest level of food contact for all food types, in commercial food preparation areas.
- And now, with the Zodiaq® TERRA Collection, you can choose between 8 colors of Zodiaq® or 29 colors of Corian® all made with pre-consumer recycled content;
- So not only will choosing the DuPont™ TERRA Collection make it easier on the planet, it can also help contribute towards U.S. Green Building Council LEED® credits.
To view the Zodiaq® colors found in the TERRA Collection, click here.
To view the Corian® colors found in the TERRA Collection, click here.
Recycled content is derived from a diverse range of sources including residential collection programs and bottle and plate glass manufacturers.
Zodiaq® Wide Slab!
Zodiaq® is available in two thicknesses: ¾ inch (2cm) or 11/8 inch (3cm). Until recently, 80% of the colors of Zodiaq® were produced in a regular slab size (measuring 52" wide x 118" long), however as of 2012, all of the regular sized slabs have transitioned into a wide slab size of 63" wide x 120" long. Wide slab sizes offer excellent benefits including increased design flexibility; reduced material handling and increased sustainability benefits due to the improved material yield. A few colors are still only available in the 55" x 120" large slab size.
Zodiaq® is well suited for both horizontal and vertical applications, where long expanses and limited seaming is preferred.
The Zodiaq® Color Palette - All Colors at One Affordable Price.
With the 2013 new color launch and the addition of Coarse Carrara, Coarse Marfil and Snow Flurry, Butler-Johnson has introduced a new pricing program for DuPont™ Zodiaq® allowing for much easier pricing. Effective Tuesday, February 22, 2013, all forty-eight colors of DuPont™ Zodiaq® are now at one affordable price point.
To view the 2013 DuPont™ Zodiaq® Color Portfolio, click here.
To download the 2013 DuPont™ Zodiaq® Color Portfolio Brochure, click here.
Ideal for vertical and horizontal applications.
Zodiaq® surfaces are used in a variety of residential and commercial environments including healthcare, education, food service, entertainment, retail, as well as corporate and public spaces. Today, you will find Zodiaq® used in a wide range of applications including wall cladding, reception desktops, tabletops, transaction counters, food service areas, kitchen countertops, tub and shower surrounds, fireplace mantels, windowsills and door thresholds to name just a few.
Back to top
Three to four times stronger than natural stone.
Zodiaq® has superior strength and durability. Because of its high quartz content, one of the hardest minerals found in nature, Zodiaq® is three to four times stronger than most natural countertop materials. While quartz is principally responsible for the hardness and durability of Zodiaq®, the story doesn't end there. The advanced DuPont polymer technology used to bind the quartz crystals together provides a flexural strength that natural stone just can't match. The polymer makes Zodiaq® less brittle, less likely to be damaged during manufacturing or shipping and there is no need for reinforcing rods or to seam around sinks.
Certified for use in commercial kitchens.
Zodiaq® has a dense, smooth, nonporous surface. Food and household products such as red wine, vinegar, lemon juice, soda, mustard, ketchup, coffee, tea, nail polish and hair dyes will not stain or harm the surface, so Zodiaq® will stay looking great for many years to come. Zodiaq® will not support the growth of mold, mildew or bacteria, a distinct advantage over natural stone and it does not require any sealing, waxing or polishing. When specifying Zodiaq® for use in the food service segment, Zodiaq® is certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF/ANSI Standard 51) for food contact, which means that commercial kitchens can prepare food for public consumption directly on Zodiaq® surfaces. Zodiaq® is also certified as a Kosher surface.
Respect and care for the environment.
DuPont is committed to conducting its business with respect and care for the environment and to producing products that make a difference in people's lives. Due to its low VOC emissions, DuPont™ Zodiaq® and its adhesive systems are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®, have received GREENGUARD for Children and Schools CertificationSM and have been independently verified to meet the standards set by California's South Coast and Bay Area Air Quality Management District. Zodiaq® can also contribute towards credits for LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) in several different categories.
For more information on DuPont™ Zodiaq®, click on the following links;
For further information on this product, please contact us. Or to visit the DuPont™ Zodiaq® website, please go to www.zodiaq.com.